1. Have you been naughty or nice this year?
2. What do you want for Christmas?
Oh, I’d love an iPad. The one I bought for myself seems to belong to my family. In other words, I don't have an iPad.
3. What is your favorite food at Christmas?
Whatever is on display. Leave it out and I’ll graze.
4. Have you finished your Christmas shopping yet?
Yes I am done, but the problem with being “done” is I keep adding stuff.
5.What is your favorite Christmas song?
All I Want for Christmas is You by Mariah Carey. It has a special meaning for me. When my son was born, December 14th, 2004, we were back in the hospital two days later. The incredibly pessimistic nurse gave us the worse case scenario for what was wrong and said we could be in the hospital through Christmas. I was re-admitted to stay with Christopher so I could breastfeed him. The first night that we were separated this song came on and I cried. I heard it countless times and sang it to him when we were together. Our hospital stay was short. We were there for 3 days and home in plenty of time for Christmas (which we both slept through).
6. What is your favorite Christmas movie?
Elf. I will watch it when its 100 degrees outside and laugh in the same places.
7. What is your best Christmas memory?
Returning home on a plane on Christmas Eve with my mom. I was worried about not being in bed and sleep before Santa came to our house. On the plane someone yelled, “I SEE SANTA CLAUS!” In my memory I can hear the sleighbells. I wanted to peek and see him too but I didn’t want him to know I was awake. I leaned forward just enough to see Rudolph’s nose (lights on the wing) and I sat back quickly and closed my eyes. I was so excited! When we arrived home, Santa had been there and we opened presents at what seemed to be the middle of the night. I’ll have to ask my mom if it was really Christmas Eve.
8. What kind of Christmas tree do you have?
It’s a fake one that is nappy when we take it out of the box, but she cleans up nicely.
9. Have you ever had a white Christmas?
Last year in Jacksonville, North Carolina it snowed on Christmas and we missed it!!!
10. What is your Christmas wish? Well it’s cliché, but I would love for everyone to have a Happy Merry Christmas - have yourself a Merry little Christmas!
Here's the thing...In my dreams, I'll be getting an iPad for Christmas!
Kenya G. Johnson