5 minute Stream of Consciousness...
It’s not a dishonorable discharge unless we make it one.
I haven’t turned on the news yet to see what exactly happened. Oh Whitney what did you do? I don’t wanna know. I didn’t get on Facebook or Twitter last night. But it will come out whether I want to hear it or not. Her death will be speculated to shame. Another ‘gone to soon’ to add to the list. Forgive me for who I’m forgettin’, this is a 5 minute brain dump fresh off of the press of sadness.
- Whitney Houston
- Luther Vandross
- James Brown
- Nick Ashford
- Gerald Levert
- Michael Jackson
- Etta James
- Amy Winehouse
- Lisa “Left Eye” Lopez
Do/will you remember what the media said or do/will you remember why you loved them?
Here’s the thing…let us remember them as they were in their prime, not who they died being.
This 5 minute Stream of Consciousness was inspired by the death of Whitney Houston 2/11/2012
It’s five minutes of your time and a brain dump. Want to try it? Here are the rules…
- Set a timer and write for 5 minutes.
- Write an intro to the post if you want but don’t edit the post. No proofreading or spellchecking. This is writing in the raw.
- Publish it somewhere. Anywhere. The back door to your blog if you want. But make it accessible.
- Add the Stream of Consciousness Sunday badge to your post.
- Link up your post.
- Visit your fellow bloggers and show some love.