5 minutes - go!
I'm silly with myself a lot, when I opened my blog this morning I said, "Hey who turned the light on and where's all my stuff?"
This is a new blog design. I’m going for a newspaper/magazine feel. I was anticipating what my readers would have to say about it. I know I shouldn’t get all worked up about it, because it is my space, but I still want people to like it.
You know that feeling when you get a drastic haircut and didn’t tell anybody you were going to do it. You go in to work and someone gasps, “You got your haircut!” and then they don’t say anything else. Kinda makes you paranoid. But then you finally get someone to say, “I love your hair!” and it’s all better. They might not be telling the truth but that’s all you needed to make you feel better about it right?
As pretty as my last page was - yes I’m tooting my horn - it really wasn’t me. I was emulating a blog look and it was like borrowing a Hawaii Five-O shirt when I only wear earth tones.
But I thought of a better analogy. You know how it is when you see people without make-up and you’re kind of shocked? They don’t look bad, just different, and a little plain. I get that.
Here’s the thing... I don’t wear make-up. Well okay, a little eye-liner and lip-gloss but that’s it.
Today’s theme is Anticipation
This was my 5 minute Stream of Consciousness Sunday post. It’s five minutes of your time and a brain dump. Want to try it? Here are the rules…
- Set a timer and write for 5 minutes.
- Write an intro to the post if you want but don’t edit the post. No proofreading or spellchecking. This is writing in the raw.
- Publish it somewhere. Anywhere. The back door to your blog if you want. But make it accessible.
- Add the Stream of Consciousness Sunday badge to your post (in the sidebar).
- Link up your post below.
- Visit your fellow bloggers and show some love.