It's a Monday Listicles post! I thought this one was going to be hard since I think more things stink than smell good. My heightened sense of smell and gag reflex never returned to normal after being pregnant. So when I can list ten things that smell good, they smell REALLY good.
10 Fantastic Smells
- Midsummer's Night by Yankee Candle
- Baby lotion
- Target Popcorn
- Laying down on sheets the same day that they came off the clothesline.
- Coffee brewing. Though all that smells good doesn’t taste good.
- After Christopher takes a shower I like to sniff him up. Sometimes he smells fantastic. Sometimes I get a whiff of outside remnants and have to ask, “Did you use soap?” then, “Well did you wash your face?”
- Leather - as it pertains to boots and purses.
- Yellow saffron rice. I’m cooking it and getting a whiff right now. I’m doing Weight Watchers and not about to have any at 5 points for 2 ounces. PUH-LEEZE. But OF COURSE it smells fantastic.
- Men’s cologne. And by that I mean, the traces of it. It’s a crime scene when my husband first sprays it on. But if we’ve missed each other at home, I love getting a whiff of that, 'he was here' smell.
I didn't always like that 'he was here' smell. There was a cologne he had when I was pregnant that I wanted him to throw away. I could smell it through the closed medicine cabinet. I HATED it and I didn't like HIM for keeping it.
One day in the distant future I might have said, "Mmmm you smell good!" as I sniffed him up asking, "Is that new?" He may have given me this evil look where I would want to ask him what his problem was. He would glare and say, "This is the same cologne you wanted me to throw away." I would be shocked and respond, "Really? Wow! It smells totally different." He would reply by rolling his eyes and mumbling, "Whatever."
I guess I really gave him grief about that cologne.