10 Random Things You Don't Know About Me
In 8 years of blogging, I've written more personal stories here than not. So, to come up with a list of 10 things I've never shared about myself for this week's writing prompt was a bit of a challenge...
10 Random Things You Didn't Know About Me
2. I wasn't always quiet and reserved. My middle school years were my wonder years. I almost tried out for a talent show to sing Silly by Deniece Williams. Silly of me to think that I, could ever...... sing like the people I heard before me. I chickened out before going in the room.
3. I was a tomboy. Not the kind who didn't like to wear dresses. I did like to get pretty, when it was time to get pretty. But I played with boys, and bugs for a few years. Looking back, I can't believe it was me.
4. I had 8 wisdom teeth. My childhood dentist was excited, as was my adult dentist who took them out. I told Christopher's dentist about them and she didn't believe me. I didn't like her after that.
5. I used to have a cosmetology license. I worked at JCPenney for awhile and I didn't enjoy it because perms smell TERRIBLE and that's what the new girl gets stuck doing. It was always going to be a side gig; it wasn't lucrative enough to quit my full-time job so I gave it up.
6. I used to smoke. I hate to even admit this one. But I'm running out of things I've never written about that most people don't know. I smoked for about three years starting at age seventeen. I'd duck away from and fan my own smoke and chew bubble gum to get the taste out of my mouth, so I always said I wasn't a real smoker.
7. I started 1st grade when I was five and lived with my grandparents for a year in another state so that I could do so. So I was a thirteen year old high school freshman and I graduated high school at age seventeen. I look at Christopher who also missed the cut-off. He is in the 7th grade and the same age I was as a freshman in high school. I'm so glad he's not in high school at age thirteen.
8. I'm a germaphobe. Not in a debilitating kind of way, but I may a little excessive in some instances. When I do airport travel and have to go through security, I take those socks off and put them in a sandwich bag where they remain until they can get washed. Ever since watching the movie Outbreak, sneezes freak me out. I do try to keep my germophobia under wraps.
9. Reading is my first love, writing is my second. I’ve actually heard of writer’s who don’t read. If I had to give one up, it would be writing. Is that shocking? I love reading more than writing. I wish I could get paid to do it. One of my if I win the lottery wishes is to help self-publishers “make it”. I’d make it “my business”.
10. I'm an author of three books! I suck at tooting my own horn. Learn more...
Do we have anything in common?
This is a Listicle Friday post. It's the Week 2, of the old school blogging, prompt for the Finish the Sentence Friday writing community where I'm co-hosting with Kristi Campbell of Finding Ninee. This weeks prompt writing list "10 things most people don't know about me".
Join us for next week's FTSF prompt, a Stream of Consciousness post where we will be writing for 5-minutes on the optional prompt "Food".